Hey guys! I’m a day late (considering I spent yesterday mainly in bed feeling sorry for myself- after cocktail making for my friend’s 21st and falling down some stairs, sober I’ll add!) but I hope how good this recipe is will make up for it.
It’s autumn now and, like it or not, the cold nights are drawing in. So my carrot cake squares are perfect for adding a little warmth.
Here’s how to make them:
For the cake:
3oz light brown sugar
1 large egg
75ml sunflower oil
3oz self raising flour
2tsp ground cinnamon
100g carrots, washed, peeled and coarsely grated
For the icing:
4oz cream cheese
4oz icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 190 (170 fan) and line a tin with baking parchment
2. Whisk together the sugar, eggs and oil until thick
3. Fold in the flour, cinnamon, carrots, walnuts and sultanas. Then place in the lined tin.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes and leave to cool.
5. Beat together the icing sugar, vanilla and cream cheese
6. Cut the cooled cake into squares, top with as much or as little of the icing as you wish, top with a walnut and enjoy.
That’s me for now but, as always, I’ll be posting my thoughts on the latest episode of The Great British Bake Off. So stay tuned!
2 thoughts on “Carrot cake squares”
These look delicious. I have written down the recipe as I will make them at the weekend. Thank you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aw thanks! Boss, hope you enjoy them! You’re welcome 😊