There’s plenty of things in life that make us sour: uni work deadlines, events in our lives, what we see/hear on the news, even the typical British weather. Of course, with this recipe, I encourage you to embrace your sour side. Plus, these lemon drizzle muffins are ideal for curling up with a book (maybe one you might have missed this summer).
Here’s how a few simple ingredients make these:
For the muffins:
300g self raising flour
80g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon zest
Lemon curd (optional)
For the icing:
100g icing sugar
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases and preheat the oven to 200/gas mark 6.
- Place the flour and butter into a bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Add sugar and mix well, then add whisked eggs and milk to the mixture, then aand mix until combined.
- Place the mixture into muffin cases and (if you want) add a teaspoon of lemon curd to the mix and even out with the cake mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then get on with the icing: combine the icing sugar with the lemon
- Top your cooled muffins with the icing and enjoy!
Here’s how they turned out:
What have you been baking this week?
One thought on “Lemon drizzle muffins”